How many hours of sleep do you get each night? Can you rate your quality of sleep on a scale from one to 10? Most people don’t get enough sleep on a regular basis. Their quality of sleep suffers. And, finally, they end up suffering from various debilitating effects due to sleep deprivation. Without submitting to a sleep study, how can you determine if you’re getting enough high-quality sleep? In this post, Sleep Organics will share the 11 sleep-deprived signs to watch out for.
Are you ready to get a great night’s sleep? Want to feel refreshed and alert in the mornings? Shop our organic bedding products like pillows, sheets, and more online. Your quality of sleep is directly tied to your quality of life. Sleep like nature intended. Otherwise, read the rest of this post to learn more!
11 Sleep Deprivation Signs
- Inconsistent Bedtime – You know it’s time for bed. You know you need at least seven hours of sleep. But when it’s time to finally go to sleep, you simply can’t. Why? Maybe you have a project at work to finish, a television show to binge, or a final chapter in your book to read. No matter the reason, your lack of importance placed on sleep could be periphery sign that you’re on your way to sleep deprivation.
- Constantly Hungry – The revitalization and energy you get from your sleep is important. It directly affects how you function and heal. What’s more, if you’re sleep deprived, your body will try and get the energy it needs from food instead of sleep, which leads to a constant hunger.
- Irregular Weight Management – Unless you’re constantly checking your weight or hyper aware of your weight, you may not notice this sleep deprivation sign. However, due to lack of sleep, you may feel the need to eat more while you’re awake. This can lead to weight gain, and, in some cases, weight loss, depending on how your body reacts to the lack of sleep you’re getting.
- Increased Impulses – Your moods, decisions, and reactions all have direct ties to your sleep. If you’re sleep deprived (or on the way to it), you will begin to become more impulsive with your life. Mood swings may occur, and you will “lash out” more instead of remaining in control of expression of emotions.
- Trouble Remembering Things – As your sleep time and quality deteriorates, you may find yourself having trouble remembering things like notes, numbers, projects, and other small details. If this is you, check your sleep schedule and adjust it to get more high-quality sleep.
- Trouble with Decisions – You will face tough decisions, but if you begin to struggle making any decision, you may be sleep deprived. Lack of sleep leads to reduced capacity for cognitive function, which lead to resistance and trouble making any kind of decision.
- Reaction Time Decreases – If your motor function skills are slightly off, you may be suffering from sleep deprivation. Tripping up the stairs, catching our toe on the curb, or running into a door happens. We all make misjudgments; however, if you’re consistently blundering through life, you may be sleep deprived.
- Inconsistent Emotional State – If you’re experiencing chronic mood swings, you may need to assess your sleep quality.
- Constantly Sick – If every few weeks you’re catching a cold like clockwork, your immune system may be suffering from sleep deprivation. Your sleep helps heal and revitalize your body, and if you don’t get it, your body will suffer, becoming more susceptible to sickness and disease.
- Blurry Vision – In some cases, lack of sleep will cause your vision to become blurry. The muscles in your eye have trouble functioning due to fatigue, which can lead to vision complications.
- Skin Blemishes – It’s called “beauty” sleep for a reason. While you sleep, your body works to heal skin damage caused by various reasons. When you’re sleep deprived, you may notice blemishes cropping up on your face and other skin regions.
Improve Sleep With Organic Bedding
At Sleep Organics, we believe you should sleep like nature intended. Our organic bedding products help you create a sleep environment conducive to the proper amount of sleep as well as the highest quality of sleep possible. Are you ready to get back to a great night’s rest? Shop our organic bedding products online now!