If your mattress has developed uncomfortable grooves over the years, you may want to invest in a mattress topper.
But what exactly is that?
A mattress topper is a piece of removable bedding that sits on top of your normal mattress. The main goal of a mattress topper is to add more comfort and cushion to your mattress; however, it can also add extra support to mattresses that have started to slope or sink. Mattress toppers are usually one to three inches thick, and should be used to:
- Enhance your level of comfort
- Adjust the firmness or softness of a mattress
- Safeguard a new mattress
- Address pain or bodily ailments
The Benefits Of A Mattress Topper
In addition to adding an extra layer of comfort to your mattress, mattress toppers can be used to protect new mattresses from things like allergens, stains, and dust. This means that investing in a mattress topper can actually prolong the life of your mattress, which can save you money down the line. If you have purchased a low-quality mattress with little support, a mattress topper is a great way to compensate for your dingy mattress’ shortcomings.
The Different Mattress Topper Materials
Mattress toppers come in all shapes, sizes, and materials. The material you choose for your mattress topper is very important to your overall comfort, so be sure to choose wisely.
- Wool Mattress Toppers – these mattress toppers are a favorite among Sarasota residents because they do a wonderful job regulating body heat in the winter and summer.
- Memory Foam Mattress Toppers – a very popular mattress topper choice, foam toppers are ideal for providing additional support.
- Microplush Mattress Toppers – these mattress toppers tend to be less expensive because they are made from synthetic fibers.
- Natural Latex Mattress Toppers – another popular mattress topper material, natural latex offers excellent shock absorption and will gently form to your body.
- Egg Crate Mattress Topper – one of the most expensive mattress topper options, egg crate toppers offer great cushioning properties, but little support.
At Sleep Organics, we carry a large selection of luxurious mattress toppers, including:
- OMI The Wooly 3 Inch Wool Mattress Topper
- Savvy Rest Harmony Natural Latex Mattress Topper
- Savvy Rest Woolsy Natural Wool Mattress Topper
What To Consider When Shopping For A Mattress Topper
As you begin to hunt for the best mattress topper, there are a few things you’ll want to take into consideration to ensure you’re getting the best bang for your buck.
- How do you sleep at night? On your stomach? On your back? On your side? Knowing this ahead of time will make your mattress topper shopping experience easier.
- Do you like firm or soft mattresses? If your current mattress is too stiff, you should shop for a soft or plush mattress topper. On the other hand, if your mattress is too soft and pulls you in like quicksand, consider investing in a firm mattress topper.
- Are there bodily pains and aches you hope to relieve with a mattress topper? This may include neck, back, and joint pain.
- Do you get hot or cold at night? Are you one of those people that leaves the window open all winter long, or no?
Buy Mattress Toppers In Sarasota
If you live near Sarasota, Florida, and you’re looking for a new mattress topper, be sure to stop by Sleep Organics to browse our impressive selection. We offer a variety of mattress toppers made from all-natural latex, wool, and cotton, and we carry some of the best brands on the market, including OMI and Savvy Rest. Once you’ve found the perfect mattress topper, check out our organic sheets and bedding, natural furniture, and mattress foundations. If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our website, contact our team today.